Ralph E. Meczyk
Ralph E. Meczyk has tried over one hundred and fifty jury trials to verdict in both State and Federal District Courts throughout the
Mr. Meczyk is one of a select group of highly qualified lawyers to be certified by the Illinois Supreme Court as lead counsel in death penalty cases. In addition to his over 30 years in the practice of criminal law and extensive trial work, Mr. Meczyk has exceptional appellate court experience.
Mr. Meczyk represented one of the defendants in the nationally covered Family Secrets mob trial where he was lead counsel for Mr.
Recently, Mr. Meczyk represented Mr. Christopher Figueroa in a state prosecution for first degree murder. Mr. Figueroa was previously convicted of this gang shooting after a trial in 2004. However, Mr. Meczyk continued to fight for his client. He successfully argued Mr. Figueroa's appeal and due to Mr. Meczyk's efforts, Mr. Figueroa was granted a new trial. In the second trial, Mr. Meczyk, along with Mr. Goldberg and Mr. Cheronis, continued the zealous representation of Mr. Figueroa who was found not guilty. As a result of Mr. Meczyk's tireless efforts, Mr. Figueroa left the courthouse a free man.
He briefed and argued a landmark search and seizure case (
Additionally, Mr. Meczyk has argued in almost every U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals throughout the country.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Fraud
- Drug Violations
- Grand Jury Proceedings
- RICO Act
- White Collar Crimes
- Federal Trial Practice
- State Trial Practice
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Animal Bites -- Plaintiff
- Assault & Battery -- Plaintiff
- Aviation Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Railroad Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Slip and Fall -- Plaintiff
- Wrongful Death -- Plaintiff
- Chemicals & Cosmetics
- Medical Products & Devices
- Motor Vehicle Defects
- Medical Malpractice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois - 1977